miércoles, 7 de octubre de 2015

Testimonial: Karla Co


Last June, a small groups of Southeast Asian students traveled to Barcelona to join the ESADE Summer School. For most of them it was their first time travelling such a long distance on their own. A new challenge in a different country far away from home. They all had an amazing experience and many lifechanging stories to tell. Here we bring back one of those stories.
We are please to introduce you to Karla Jeanne Co, a brilliant young professinal from the Philippines who did not hesitate to take this chance even tho the preparation time was short and she had to face some obstacles on the way.




Having been to Spain is the most unexpected thing that happened in my year! I’m planning to go to Europe by 2017, that’s in my bucket list! But never did I think of going there this soon by myself.

SENAI made it all happen. A mentor informed us about SENAI’s offer to Filipino students who may be interested in attending ESADE’s Summer school. And that’s it, everything happened so fast. Though with hesitation due to some responsibilities that I would leave, I pushed going there and decided to experience Europe’s people and culture.

You might be wondering how did I choose to come to Spain? Spain is a significant country for us Filipinos. Influencia hispanica en la cultura Filipina!! Philippines has so many traditions being adapted from the Spanish era. I definitely wanted to experience on a first hand basis where our culture rooted from.



This one month experience in BCN (Barcelona) is the best so far! I’ve been to different countries but my Summer School experience is the best one. Imagine being with different nationalities of your age with different perspectives-Asians, European, Americans! What a diverse group! For a month, I was able to experience the world through my classmates and friends. I knew and understand each other’s culture and respect each other’s point-of-views and differences.
Having this opportunity, amid all else, made me knew my real self better. I’ve learned many matters I didn’t know about myself before. It made me more self-dependent, more sociable, it also increased my self-esteem. These are all additional learning not only from the classroom but in life.

Besides, ESADE Business School with their International Business program has a line- of-sight type of curriculum. The lessons on every course were very well planned. The activities and exposures were also helpful to the development of understanding. I like how the cases let me know about the real situation behind every famous international brands from Spain like FC Barcelona, Freinexet, Mango and Zara. It’s amazing how ESADE planned this Summer program! It’s nice that they thought of organizing a program that could bring in people around the globe! This is the best Summer in July of my life! (Which is unusual for me because July is a rainy season in the Philippines.)

SENAI on the other hand is a very reliable consultancy. SENAI has a very efficient team and I must say I couldn’t go to Spain without them. They assisted me from the very basic requirements up to the preparation going to ESADE. They made sure that I didn’t miss anything. Everything is well planned from here in the Philippines up to me being there in Spain. They accommodated me on what I need, my plane ticket, visa, place to stay-in, class schedule, and even tips on where to go and what to try. SENAI also made sure that everyone of us from Southeast Asia are comfortable and enjoy our stay in Spain so much!

Over-all I like the people in Spain, Paella, Sangria and Gaudi!! I also love how they apply the “Live and let live!” kind of living. If you’re planning to visit Spain soon, I recommend you to be yourself. It’s better to enjoy every single moment in Spain. Learn as much as you could more than the lessons in classroom. Grab every opportunity you’ll have there. Try everything but be careful. Enjoy Spain!

After that great month in Spain, Karla is back in Manila and back to her job but with a new prespective and wider horizons. She still plans that trip to Europe in 2017, but if another chance like this Summer School show up she will take it, after all, this was her best summer so far.

Would you like to know where and how can you experience your next summer? do not hesitate to contact us! info@senaistudyabroad.com

The best summer of your life is waiting for you!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario